Friday, April 29, 2011

Spring?

Seriously, Mother Nature, did you forget to flip the "spring" switch on or somethin?  We still have at least four feet of snow in our backyard, icicles hanging from the soffits, and need to wear a hat when out most of the time.  It was a full on blizzard today! Don't get me wrong, we LOVE winter.  Maybe it is this whole not getting out much to recreate ourselves as a result of our new additions that is starting to wear on us. Winter has been great for spending time inside as they spend much of their day sleeping.  But now, Ruby and Owen are mature four month olds, and we are ready to hit the wide open world OUTSIDE our house.  Whatever it is, we were pretty intoxicated by these gorgeous flowers that Daisy brought by from the farm.


  Ruster and OT spent hours sitting in their chairs next to the flowers- absorbing their brilliant colors and promises of more to come....I think!

 We even got so excited about the flowers and spring that we got out the Baby Banz and practiced for our future warm weather outdoor adventures. 





Some other inside moments
Tandem Tummy Time 

  Ruby


This is how Chip came home from work and found me one day- "stranded" on the rocker since they both crashed for an evening nap in my arm simultaneously...which happens pretty often, but usually I am better prepared to put one down somewhere so I can use the time to make dinner or something.  However, I must admit, I love getting stranded like this...even if it means missing dinner altogether!

"Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!" 
 ~Robin Williams

2 comments:

ScottyG said...

for reals! what has happened to spring??? ok...the baby banz pic is too adorable! i love it that you get stranded by baby love!!!! :) (this is bella, if 'scottyg' pops up)

Hope said...

This makes me tear up - I can't believe how big they are getting! No more sitting up pics til I get to snuggle them in my arms!!! Don't feel so bad - you may have snow, but we have had non-stop rain for about the past 2 months (literally almost everyday). Rhhhh, want to get outside and explore our new outdoors. Give em hugs from their Auntie Hope!