Friday, April 22, 2011

Love em'

About once a week I wake up full of anxiety.  I feel overwhelmed and scared, like I am walking a tightrope and on the verge of falling off.  These feelings are caused by a desire to get this whole thing right.  I have never wanted to get something so right in my life.  It's just cause I love em' so much....SO much.  And then, I have to remind myself of the masterpiece (see "Parenthood" entry in March), and that this isn't a puzzle to "get right".  I don't want a "color by number" creation.  I want a unique and gorgeous canvas full of intricate details and color.   I guess I am afraid of ending up with a big brown mess.  But then, I look at them, and realize that is so impossible.  And, I feel better.    

Owen Thomas

 Owen continues to be our little man of many expressions. 








Ruby Elizabeth


Just Chillin


Dana MADE this burp cloth...again, impressive.  And, it doubles as a dress for Ruby.  Perfect.


 The photographer (of these and many of our pictures on the blog in case I haven't mentioned that lately) and one of his favorite subjects.

3 comments:

Erika said...

I love seeing the photos of Ruby and Owen - even if it has only been 5 days since we last saw the four of you in person. Their personalities really show here.

Bella said...

i wonder if those anxious moments ever go away or if you just get used to them? i think a little anxiety is good...it shows you care, right??? these 2 babes are so full of life and i can hardly wait to meet them...i KNOW i will meet them one day!! my kids will be healthy at the same time one day and we will get to see your little ones!!

Hope said...

Can't believe how big they are getting!!! Thanks for being so faithful with the updates - I know, I know, I need to get my bootie in gear too!!