Thursday, September 9, 2010

P.S. One boy, one girl.

Have I mentioned that we are having one boy and one girl? Before being pregnant, I thought that "pregnancy brain" was the silliest symptom. I mean, really? Of course you are a little distracted...you have a life growing inside of you and a major life transition on the horizon...one is bound to be a little distracted. I mostly thought it was an excuse for everyday mistakes.

Well, like most things I thought about pregnancy (and parenting for that matter....and trust me, I have had my fair share of thoughts on this subject)...I intend on "eating", renegotiating, and forgetting about most of it. This is a humbling affair, and we have barely begun. gulp.

So, let me clarify for any friends out there who might still share in my prepregnancy judgment of the ridiculousness of "pregnancy brain". It exists. I feel sometimes like my brain skips a beat, things are transmitted, but not picked up. And, it is not just my brain multitasking the idea of what we are about to dive into. In fact, as I have mentioned before, it is almost like my brain FORGETS that the rest of my body is manufacturing a few extra people down there in the middle section....AND it forgets what you just asked me, people's names I have known for years, or that I already mentioned in the blog posted only two days before that we are having one boy and one girl.

No comments: