Tuesday, February 16, 2016

November Whatnot



We love tape.  Thank goodness I discovered scotch tape at Costco, which is a fraction of the cost at a regular grocery or office supply store.  Now, I let this play roll a little longer than I used to.


My office door.  Early winter.  Love this scene.  


We received the greatest package all the way from Germany!  Four Boshis, which is the japanese word for beanie, and what they call hand made hats in Germany apparently.  We also got lots of yummy chocolate and gummies.  So sweet of them to think of us.  Love my tante and uncle. ;)


It is difficult to photograph a black dog.  Chip got this one on the real camera when trying to get a photo for the Christmas card since we forgot our dog to the photo shoot we did this year.  Yeah, we are owners of the year. 

These girls.  Ruby and Abby.  They tell us often that they are getting married.  I think they just mean they love each other a lot.  It is so sweet.


Ruby watched a video at our neighbor's house of a famous 7 year old painter.  I can't remember her name right now, but Ruby was enamored and wanted to replicate the style.  She did quite a good job.


Dad's birthday.  We made him cupcakes, which was really fun because I don't really bake, other than brownies out of the box.   It was a busy time as Grandpa was starting to get really sick so I was planning to get out of town, we were under contract on our new house (see below) and our Crestview house was listed on the MLS.  Oh man.


The new flat. :)

Our last face time with Grandpa.  I left a few days later.  Below are the ONLY boxes I packed.  Chip did absolutely everything else to pack up and move our house (not to mention rent the Crestview house also since it never sold in the time we had before the move).  It was insanely amazing.  A feat only possible with an amazing community, a lot of love in your heart, a good plan set in place, and good health on your side.  Team DuRoss was being maxed out on all sides.  I can now say that we made it. We did suffer several illnesses this winter after the dust settled and our bodies could relax, but all in all, we find ourselves feeling so grateful for all of the above mentioned things and the many opportunities we are afforded in life and, in this case, in death.





No comments: