Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Zion in April

Zion has been calling our name for a while.  It was a fun place to visit with Ruby and Owen because there was so much to do that they could do.  The road doesn't allow cars, only the shuttle bus, so we were able to take the shuttle up to the top of the road and ride bikes down the open road though zion.  What an experience.  I can only imagine what Ruby and Owen are thinking on these "weekend" adventures.  The scenery is so stunning and unbelievable.  It made us feel small in a good way.  Also, another perk of that shuttle set up is that we camped right near the entrance to the park so we arrived and did not get in our car once until it was time to drive home.  SO nice.

Hiked to the Emerald Pools where...




Ruby lost her second tooth!  Dad yanked this one out.

I do love this helmet.


As mentioned, biked the road down.

We hiked to the start of the narrows and had a picnic on the riverbank.





It was my birthday weekend so I got out for a run the evening before we left.  The flowers were nuts!


And then friends came over when we got home for a little cake, singing, and dancing. 


This is my new favorite way to preserve their art.  LOVE the development in their drawings.  Melts my heart.


Ruby interviewed me about all my favorite things and then drew them for this one.  There are pictures of skis, a garden, pizza, hugs, and the ocean.


And this is a painting by Owen where I am getting barreled on a surf board for my birthday.  Love it! Nice letters too!

No comments: