Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Boston Time

The whole Mulliken side of our family gathered in Boston to bury my dad at the Woodlawn Cemetery.  It was a somber reason to visit, but a great way to get us all away from home, together, and exploring a place we did not know well.  We hit it hard, relaxed, and had a blast.  These pictures are out of order, but tell the story of our long weekend together better than any words could.  So, going to leave this post to them.






































































































































I will add one more thing.  This picture.  Owen drew it before we left for the trip.  When I asked him what he was drawing he explained that this was he and I at grandpa's burial.  I love how we have our arms around each other,  I love his rendition of grandpa's ashes next to us, and the broken heart up near the sky.  He wanted this picture to be buried with grandpa.


No comments: