Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm hooked...

....On surfing and my partner in crime for the past 15 years!

This past weekend Chip organized a camping and surfing trip to the coast with his classmates. It was so fun to see them all extremely relieved and giddy after their Friday exam. (For more pictures of our time on the beach check out www.flickr.com/photos/mommypants)

And, this time I rented a surf board and wet suit to experience the chilly waters of the Northwest finally. It is amazing what a little neoprene can do. I was totally warm and comfortable, and...I caught my first real wave on a surf board! I think the moment will be burned into my memory forever. It was unbelievable. I have been pushed along on a long board by my fair share of white water run out, and that is fun. However, to catch a wave at the crux of its energy
and join it for its journey towards shore, is a rush of excitement comparable to few other G-rated experiences in life.





"Love is friendship set on fire."



























Chip and I celebrated our 7th anniversary yesterday. We have been adventuring together though for 15 years! Wow- wow- sometimes I stand so awestruck in the clarity of life's blessings. This was one of those weekends.


2 comments:

Hope said...

Sweet ~ happy anniversary you guys, God is good isn't He! You go girlie ~ I love that you braved the waters, I will live through you for now! Thanks for the update.

Hugs,

Hope

Chris said...

YES! Glad to hear that you're hooked - and didn't freeze (like I did).