Monday, August 11, 2008

Leash Your Pet?

This sign is at the start of a trail head that Kessler and I walk on most days of the week. It makes my day to see it every time. At first, it just creates this ridiculous image in my head which often conjures me to laugh out loud. Then, the pure irreverence of the thing kicks in, and I love it even more. The simple joys of a black permenant marker. I feel like Kessler agrees (she is laughing at the sign in this picture), that the idea of leashing a bee, let alone "your" bee, is just about as silly as the idea of leashing her!



























Just a few shots from a hike we did this weekend up Eagle Creek. Katy, you would be proud- We made it down to the "Garden of Eden"...man this place is magical. Oregon is really knocking our socks off.

"That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest."
- Henry David Thoreau

1 comment:

Hope said...

Love the shot of Kessler ~ she is too sweet (a good laugher too)! It did us a world of good to get hugs from you today ~ although it left us a wheeee bit tearful after we pulled away. We love ya and are counting down the minutes, hours, days til Turkey Day!

Love ya,

Hope, Derek, Selah & Judah