Saturday, November 21, 2015

A Big October

Wow- we had a big October.  Started with Halloween decorations (at the end of September actually), a week long trip to Baja for dad with the boys, and an epic trip for all four of us back to Ohio to visit with tons of family and friends.  





Looks like fun, eh? Chip should add his comments here. It looks beautiful and was full of adventures including quintessential surf conditions and almost everyone getting pretty good gut bugs to deal with there and bring home as souvenirs.  




Back at home, we did a lot of playing.  Ruby and Owen love their characters, castles, and homemade creations.  I love their constantly moving, thinking, creating, and imagining little selves.

Here we are in Ohio!  The land of beautiful fall leaves, colors, and that comforting feeling of home.



Weekend 1 was a full on Mulliken side reunion.  We all went to Patterson's Fruit Farm on Saturday to get outside, despite the cold weather, and enjoy visiting some old stomping grounds.


I don't know how I even got this picture of mom and Martha.  Mom, Gus and Amber stayed with Martha.  The rest of us stayed on Camelot at dad's.  This weekend was truly an experience of grace, love, integrity, and acceptance.  It was the first time we have ALL been together since Chip and I got married.  I love my family.  I really do.


















Guidos- take one.  I ended up eating here THREE times in the week we were home...and I'm still not sure I got enough.  I am salivating right now just writing this.




A belated birthday party for Tina and Amber, complete with cake and pumpkin carving!  We even had a trombone performance by Evan.




These are the church steps where I grew up listening to the "children's message", and where Chip and I got married.  Kinda trippy to see my own kids up there now.  

Oddly, one of my high school friend's brothers bought the house down the street that we grew up in.  So, we were able to arrange a visit.  It was awesomely nostalgic.

So many memories of playing in this creek....

Fun with cousins!!






Chagrin Falls...where the leaves are bigger than your head!






Thanks, dad and Carol, for hosting such a great reunion full of parties, good food, and good company.

Next, we headed 7 miles down the street to Chip's house where Ruby and Owen were delighted to be old enough to drive the green jeep in the DuRoss' incredible yard and woods.  

We made our way back to the swing, which is a magical little place.




Then, off to Guido's for...Take two! 

We hiked around the Polo fields and played in the culvert and woods.  Ohio has the best woods!


Oh man, family football!  Derek, Hope, and cousins joined us for a play off.  Judah was running the field like a boss.

We planted this tree for Selah shortly after she was born.  It seemed like a twig at the time.  Look at it now!  Kinda cool how the tree has three trunks.  Who knew that Derek and Hope would have three kids?  A trunk for each.  So sweet.


A trip to the Science Museum in Cleveland...this was a fun find!



We had dinner and play at Derek and Hope's one night too.  I think if you look up joy in the dictionary, this picture shows up. 



Thanks, Nana and Papa for being so flexible, generous, fun, and loving as ever with us four!  We love you!!

And now, Guidos...Take three!!  Let the 20 year reunion begin!

It was really fun to reunite with old friends, meet new spouses, and remember the good ole days. :)



Ruby and Owen loved meeting our friend's kids...they felt like cousins.  I wish I had better pictures but Cadence was a hit.  She is amazing with the little ones and is one of the sweetest girls I have ever met...and if you knew her mama you wouldn't be surprised. 








The old girl scout troop.

And, the best thing I never have to leave from high school...this guy!  
Good times, everyone!  


No comments: