Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Here we go!

Just like our truck below, there is way too much to unpack from our journey to the NW.  I want to get in some funny stories and details I want to remember, so I am going to break it up into several posts.  Starting with the trip out.  We spent 10.5 hours in the car on day one.  That is a record for us.  The kids did great, and even more surprisingly, mom did great.  By the second day, we were eating lunch at our destination in OR.  It seemed like a cinch getting out there really.

What?  A day without smoothie?  Never!  Even on the road.  It really is the easiest lunch to make and includes WAY more healthy stuff than any other road option I could come up with.  So, window-washer fluid and all, bring on the smoothie.


Made a stop in Twin Falls and got to run around this incredible memorial.  
This is the first of many "selfies" we took on this trip. We made it! Lunch at the camp sight, set up, and then in the packs for a nap and hike to Triple Falls.  We camped at Wyeth Campground in the gorge. It was beautiful, private, and mellow.  I was in awe of all the GREEN the entire time we were out there.  SO MUCH LIFE!

Above- Owen is just napping- don't be concerned. 

Below- We could walk to this trail and bridge from our campsight.  It also led to the CRAZIEST hike I have ever done with a kid on my back.  I was freaking out...to the point that Ruby started encouraging me, telling me that it would be okay, that we were having fun, and that I was doing a good job.  She was SO sweet.  On the way back, she gets in my pack and asks, "mom, do you need more couragment on the way back?"  I assured her I could  use any encouragement she had to offer, ever.  


 PS- the crazy hike was totally worth it.  It led to this incredible and really remote feeling waterfall and pool.  I am guessing that Ruby and Owen were the only two year olds to get back there in a long time.


Next stop- Portland!


No comments: