Thursday, May 3, 2012

Mimi...I mean, T-I-N-A


We tried to repeat Tina's name as many times as possible while she visited for four days.  However, Ruby insisted on calling her "Mimi".  The conversation went something like this...Ruby looks at Tina, smiles, maybe reaches for her to pick her up (yeah, seriously, amazing), and says, "Mimi".  Tina or I would say, "TINA.  You like your auntie Tina."  There would be a short pause, she would look at both of us, and say, "Mimi."  She has been asking for her ever since she left.



We went to the park.  We love the park. Ruby and Owen love slides in particular.  They do most of them by themselves these days- climbing up and going down, the whole thing.  I was just watching them today in amazement thinking about how much they have grown up and become independent in past few months.  Just incredible.






 I was fortunate to have my big sister in town for my 35th birthday!  We had a great day and Tina got me two of these really nice mylar helium balloons.  Tina and I were gabbing away in the kitchen when we realized that Owen had walked outside (yes, he can open the door by himself and often lets himself outside...thank goodness our deck upstairs is gated...if you remember to close the gate...although the weather was so nice when Tina was here, maybe we just had it open....anyway) with my balloon!!  Tina caught this picture of it floating away.  It just makes me laugh picturing us running out there in hopes that we would catch it while slightly freaking out that we didn't notice what was going on.  I mean, the balloon had only been home for a few hours!

 Ruby really steals the show here.  She LOVED the stuffed animal backpacks that Mimi brought them.

She also loved the shirt Oma sent and the hat from Madeleine.  So much great booty!

Just a cute one from the park.

 And then, the zoo!  This time we rode the carousel.  Both Ruby and Owen rode tigers in honor of the awesome view we got of the tiger on this visit.  He played in the water just on the other side of the glass from us.  Only glass between Owen's face and tiger claws.



Thanks for visiting, Tina!!  We love and miss you already, that is for sure. :)

No comments: