Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Girlfriends

I love em.  Nothin like em.  Two very special gals recently visited.  

First, Ms Dana Baxter came in from Eugene, OR.  She is amazing with Ruby and Owen.  They  were so comfortable with her they let her do everything from hold, hug, and love them to giving a bottle on the trail, changing diapers/clothes, and getting a lunch of solids from her as well.  I think they felt her comfort and love.  And, she is this vat of knowledge when it comes to baby care.  She teaches (used to teach??) classes so you know I was loving getting to ask all those questions about how I am supposed to be doing things, or what is the latest research saying about x,y, or z.  Dana helped me stock the freezer with homemade baby food, helped us motivate to get a pool for the kids to get in- so fun (see picture below), and jumped in anywhere she could lend a hand or just have fun with Ruby and Owen.  We love her!


 They don't look that happy in this picture, but they had such a good time splashing around.  Maybe they are irritated that we made them stop to take a picture.

Next, Meegan Addy.  Aside from having to recover from a nasty bug the first 24 hours, our visit was awesome.  Meegan also was so comfortable with OT and Ruster as indicated in the picture below.  I am always so impressed when people willingly want to hold both of them at the same time.  It is hard.  They showered Meegan with smiles and really enjoyed our adventure in Park City- geocaching.  We found three caches and got a few tips on "textbook" spots to hide these things.  Meegan read books, played, and cuddled our kiddos.  We love her too! So fun to share these special new family additions with people I have known for well over a decade.


 Under the light base- typical hiding spot.  I would have never even known they came up.  

Behind rocks- another typical hiding spot.  I seriously don't know how she saw these things.  When I need another hobby, this could be the next one I take up.  It's like a scavenger hunt for adults!

No comments: