Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Incredibles


It has been hard to be apart from my hubby for six weeks with limited communication. However, I feel so grateful and fortunate to have such incredible women in my life... a handful of which I have gotten to spend the weekends with this July, making my time without Chip very fun and eventful. First, Mindy and her friend Kyra came into town to do a downhill race at Skibowl up around Mt Hood. I have never seen this stuff live before -insane. And, Mindy and Kyra BOTH were standing on the podium by the end of it. That's right, that's how I roll...with the winners. Seriously, their guts, beauty,and brawn are incredible.

Next up, Katy came into town from SLC for what has become her annual visit to Portland. We made our way to the coast where we found crab to eat (despite rough waters making harvest difficult and a serious search necessary), a spot to camp on the beach (barely though- let's just say we woke to the sound of the ocean being a little too close for comfort and only escaped flooding by about three feet), and beautiful flowers to photograph (as seen above). We also pledged most of our stomach space to berries and sent Katy home with enough to make smoothies for a week. It means so much to me that Katy visits every year. Seriously, incredible.

And then, I traveled to Eugene...two hours south of Portland to visit one of my college roommates from Montana. We picked up right where we left off about 10 years ago... gettin active, eating well (I have to give Dana props for keeping up with the pregnant-I-have-to-eat-every-hour girl- man, I am high maintenance these days), talking, and talking, and laughing, and of course, some shinanigans (as pictured above- at one point, the security lady told us we were being watch "from all angles"). I love how some relationships, even without being touched, age like a fine wine. Friendship itself, incredible.

1 comment:

Hope said...

What a month you have had!! I love that friends age like fine wine ~ good stuff!