Friday, May 29, 2009

Part Deux

Part Deux of the tour took place on Whidbey Island, this magical place Chip gets to call home for six weeks. We explored for two days, hiking, collecting treasures on the beach and eating a pound of mussles while watching the Cavs lose (sorry, Derek- it was close!) at the local sea front bar. One of the best parts of visiting is that now I have a picture in my head when I talk to Chip from Portland. Somehow, it feels better when I can picture the actual places he may be sitting and sights he may be seeing when we talk or when I just picture him going about his day. Of course, Kessler girl was ecstatic to see Chip and is still trying to figure out why her three favorite comrades are all split up right now.



"Profound commitment to a dream does not confine or constrain: it liberates. Even a difficult, winding path can lead to your goal if you follow it to the end." -Paulo Coelho in "Maktub"

Chip and I both have some commitments going on right now, and the path proves to be particularly windy for us the next fifteen months and beyond, but I guess we will keep truckin in liberation.

1 comment:

Hope said...

Yeah ~ an update! Love hearing all about your travels and am so glad you got to spend time with Chip in his magical land. Love the quote ~ it's going to be fun watching as your future's unfold these next 15 months. Love ya and MISS ya ~ Hope