Monday, March 3, 2008

Rockstar Status

(our ski fence...or soon to be someone else's ski fence since
the house went on the market this past weekend!)


I am not sure if it was the mountains of Utah or Chip and I that lured Meegan Addy away from balmy California to take up backcountry skiing. Whatever the reason, I think she was doubting the whole thing after we led her up "God's Lawnmower" on Kessler Peak for her first tour (the white swath pictured in the distance behind Meegan and I in the black and white picture). Yet, despite some fear, frustration, and major blisters, Meegan pulled through and actually wanted to go again. She is such a rockstar!



















It was fun to get a day in on the resort with a crew of friends as well. This is us enjoying brownies ala Emily after lunch. mmmmm....brownies- on that topic, aside from skiing, Meegan, Chip and I managed to finish TWO pans of brownies in three days- sort an Eddy St. tradition.



"Friendship is about commitment and loyalty. I don't think it matters how far
apart you are. I don't see some of my girlfriends for ages, but when we get together it is as if time hasn't passed."
- Frances Barber



1 comment:

Hope said...

Love the ski fence post ~ saw that for the first time in your real estate listing (awesome pictures of the house by the way!). Glad to see you guys are taking every opportunity to spend with friends ~ nothing better. Except time with us ofcourse!!!! We have to figure something out here soon so we don't let too much time pass ~ we miss ya!