Sunday, December 2, 2007

December Delivers

Our smiles have been hesitant and our anxiety a little higher this November as we nervously awaited our favorite type of precipitation. Chip and I finally sighed with great relief this weekend as we woke to a winter wonderland on Saturday morning. The skis, skins, and other touring gear came out and happily hit the snow in full force. We made some surprisingly excellent turns in with friends on Saturday. Then, Kessler went out for her first day of skiing today. Needless to say, she is a natural. Thank you December.




The trouble with weather forecasting is that it's right too often for us to ignore it and wrong too often for us to rely on it.
~Patrick Young


3 comments:

Joanie said...

SOME people have their priorities straight! I can't backcountry ski, but I am still jealous!

Hope said...

Could you be any healthier?? I hide when the snow comes and you wait for its arrival with joy!!

Love ya,

Hope

Hope said...

I want more snow and I want it now! I also want Ohio to grow some ginormous mountains quick-like. Jealous...yessss I am!

Derek